DOCIE AFRICA SUBMISSIONS - A MEDIA NAVIGATION INITIATIVE
Calling all independent African filmmakers and producers to participate in our new content acquisition initiative “Docie-Africa”.
“Docie-Africa” is a Media Navigation distributing brand that will involve young and upcoming documentary filmmakers and producers in Africa and the Diasporas. The prospect is geared at developing and sustaining digital video documentary filmmaking.
PROCESS / CRITERIA
To participate, African documentary filmmakers must be:
· 18 years and above from any African country.
· Submission is open to professionals and amateurs.
· Documentary must have been completed and ready for broadcast.
· Documentary at final stage of post production may be considered.
· Theme could be on any topic but preferably about African art and culture, migration, oil & gas, economy, history, war and religion.
· Producers of any selected documentary film by our broadcast partner will be contacted by Media Navigation regarding payment and broadcast rights.
· Payment rate is based on picture quality, story, subject matter, production and location.
· Duration: 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 60 minutes.
· Content must not have been submitted or re-submitted to any broadcasting institute.
· Deadline: On - going
Producers / entrants must send us the followings:
1. Letter that confirm producers’ ownership of content.
2. Letter that grants Media Navigation the right to present documentary to major broadcasters.
3. Three DVD preview copies only.
The above documents must be posted to:
Dan Akinlolu (producer/consultant)
Unit 2, Mariaan Court, 73 Cnr. .Countesses & George
Windsor East, Randburg, 2194, South Africa
For more info, contact:
Dan +27.73.792.3558, +27.11.431.2505