1. An Introduction to Creation, Destruction and Calamities
1.1. What do the sciences say about natural calamities?
1. 2. Whom God Does not Destroy
1. 3. The Philosophy of Natural Calamities in Light of Science
1. 4. The Causes of Poverty and Famine in Light of Economics
1. 5. The Causes of Natural Calamities in Light of the Qur’an
1. 6. Why We Cannot Learn to Be Wise Even after Losing a Lot
2. The Theory
3. Some Instances of Mass Destruction and their Causes
2. The Theory
2. 2. What do scientists look for in other planets when they want to trace any sign of life in them? Water. Thus there is no inconsistency between the findings of science and what the major religions say about the origin of life on earth. Likewise, the Big Bang Theory says that creation started with an explosion accompanied by a sound. The Qur’an says that the universe was created and will be destroyed in the same process:
69:13. And when the trumpet shall sound one blast
69:14. And the earth with the mountains shall be lifted up and crushed with one crash,
69:15. Then, on that day will the Event befall.
69:16. And the heaven will split asunder, for that day it will be frail.
69:17. And the angels will be on the sides thereof, and eight will uphold the Throne of thy Lord that day, above them.
69:18. On that day you will be exposed; not a secret of you will be hidden.